Silicone O-ring also called as Silicone Seals, Rubber Oring, Rubber Gasket, Soft Silicone Orings, High Temperature Silicone Orings, Rubber Seals, Silicone Gasket, which is the most commonly used fluid power seal, and is installed in order to seal off connections between connectors, pipes, tubes, etc.
Silicone Orings are made of elastomers like silicone, Buna-N and Ethylene-Propyleneaccording to different working environement.
Silicone Orings molded by compression molding and can made into different colors easily. Because of large quantity many producer choose liquid silicone injection molding for automatically production.
Because Rubber O-rings are crucial to perform effectively after being installed, so to select a right O-ring material is crucial. O-rings are manufactured using thousands of different materials and every material perform differently under several conditions. The following sections includes the most commonly materials used for the O-rings, their working temperature, the shore A hardness scores, the standard colors as well as the limitations of that materials.
It’s important to get the balance right between o-ring material, size and working environment in order to fulfil the role you need it to perform. The more internal pressure is applied to this join, the more the o-ring is distorted inside its groove, which can improve its overall sealing force up to a point - but beyond a certain pressure, or under more dynamic workloads, this can cause failure of the seal.
Why simple silicone O-rings choose liquid silicone as material by LSR Injection Mold?
Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) is a high-performance material that offers outstanding chemical and thermal resistance, very good overall mechanical properties and excellent compression set.
Liquid Silicone are extremely flexible at low temperatures and undergo hardly any change of properties at all over a wide range of temperatures – this sets them apart from other flexible polymers.
LSR is easy to process and cure rapidly. So LSR silicone offers a balanced set of mechanical properties.
Advantages of Liquid Silicone Rubber Moulding
· Quality Stability: Stable LSR product's sizes and designs for each batch, suit to manufacturing repeatability.
· Short Cycle Time: About 15 seconds.
· High Precision: Mini parting line, sizes tolerance can less +/- 0.02mm, especially for 2 shot & overmolded production.
· Flashless Technology: No or less elastomer silicone rubber burrs.
· Direct Injection: No or less waste.
· Safest Manufacturing Process: Platinum cured silicone, medical & food FDA grade silicone molded production in clean room.
· Automated Manufacturing Systems: work like plastic injection molded by mechanical arm and assembly line.
· Automatic Demolded: Automated Ejection.